3D Modeller - Hybrid working
Your new role
Sofology is way more than just a sofa… The sofa sits at the heart of the home, and we know how much that means to your customers. In your new role as a 3D Modeller, you will produce some of the most detailed, highest quality models in the industry, essential for the customer to fully appreciate our products without seeing them in person.
A day in the life of...
A 3D modeller, you’ll spend your time doing so much more than sitting! Here are just a few of the things you’ll be getting up to:
- Using Z-Brush, you’ll be refining the supplied 3D scanning data, so that it looks as good as it possibly can
- Retopologising extremely high density meshes
- Manually unwrapping UVW maps and ensuring that all fabric flows in the correct direction, in all the right places
- Dividing the meshes into individual polygroups so that our render artists can add contrast piping, contrast stitching, reversible cushions, trim options, the list goes on!
- Working closely with our buying and QC teams to collect all information and product specifics you’ll need to get the job done
- Collaborating with our 3D studio assistant and scanning technicians to prioritise samples and scan data
- Analysing all product data that we have available to us, prior to commencing work, to highlight gaps in our knowledge or missing information
- Giving special attention to key areas and features of our products which will feature in our close-up “cameo” shots
- Working closely and communicating effectively with our render artists, so that all of the required assets are provided in a timely manner
- Using 3DS Max to model additional elements of the model, such as feet, power buttons, hinges and more
In an ideal world...
We would love to bring on board a 3D Modeller that works primarily with Z-Brush, with some experience using 3DS Max. Someone that has experience with 3D sculpting, working with highly detailed meshes, manual retopology and UV editing. We are looking for that special person to join our fantastic team who has an eye for detail and can demonstrate working productively and meet tight deadlines.
We know that none of our customers are the same and that goes for our Sofologists too - there truly is a seat for everyone at Sofology!
Pay and Perks
- Plenty of opportunities to learn & grow.
- 30% discount across the Group, plus 15% for your friends and family
- Access to discounts at 100’s of high street retailers.
- Mental, physical and financial support (EAP)
- Enhanced maternity & adoption pay
- Spend up to £1,500 at Currys / PC World and spread the cost through Sofology.
- Additional days off, whether it’s your wedding, birthday or even the arrival of your new furry friend
- A contributory health scheme, flu vaccines, access to a Doctor and private health check
- Income protection, bereavement and life assurance - you can count on us to be there when it matters
- Holiday buy back scheme (5 days)
- Okay, so the list just goes on, but here’s a few more…. Sharesave, volunteer days and a cycle to work scheme!
A little about Sofology
We’re a fun place to be and we know our people are priceless. We’re proud of our Sofologists, who roll out the red carpet to each and every one of our customers, forever working together to be bold and ambitious.
We’re all about crafting an unrivalled sofa experience that leaves our customers and Sofologists in awe. We wholeheartedly embody our values, infusing them in every aspect of our work.
Roll Out The Red Carpet - From browsing to buying and beyond, we always ensure a Very Important Customer experience - no ifs, no buts.
A Seat for Everyone - Be yourself and feel at home. We know that different backgrounds and experiences make us stronger.
Bold By Design - We're a courageous brand with ambition and drive. We’ll never settle for second best and always strive for more.
So, if you want to join us on the sofa, save your seat by applying now!
DFS Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer; celebrating diversity and committed to a culture of inclusion and belonging. We extend a warm welcome to everyone, embracing a variety of voices and perspectives. As we continue to work on building a workplace that is representative of the customers we serve and the communities we live and work in, we strongly encourage applications from members of minority and under-represented groups. Across the Group, we want to create an environment where everyone feels at home.