Deputy Store Manager
Your new role
Sofology is way more than just a sofa… The sofa sits at the heart of the home, and we know how much that means to our customers. Choosing the perfect sofa is a big decision and that's why as a Deputy Store Manager you will help coach and motivate our Sofologists in store to help them deliver an unrivalled customer experience.
So whether it’s about style, comfort, or everything in between, with your exceptional coaching skills and inspiring your team through your passion, there’ll be no ifs or buts when it comes to your Sofologists rolling out the red carpet, every single time.
A day in the life of...
A Deputy Store Manager, you’ll spend your time doing so much more than sitting! Here are just a few of the things you’ll be getting up to:
- Being accountable for motivating and inspiring your team through daily morning meetings, regular communication and feedback
- Ensuring our value, roll out the red carpet, is maintained at all times by keeping the store merchandised according to guidelines
- Working alongside the Store Manager to create an environment where our Sofologists want to be and our customers want to shop
- Supporting on-going personal development through setting clear and achievable goals
- Assessing individual performance through observation thus enabling the identification of training and development needs
- Utilising your continued knowledge of products to support your other team members, always sharing best practice and training the team
- Leading the team in the Store Manager’s absence
In an ideal world...
You don’t need to have furniture experience because let's be honest, leadership isn't about knowing what type of cushion interiors make a sofa comfy! We are looking for someone who completely thrives when leading a team, resulting in high performance, holds those exciting morning meetings that kickstart the day the right way, and who will really care about nurturing our Sofologists to help them be better, and do better.
We know that none of our customers are the same and that goes for our Sofologists too - there truly is a seat for everyone at Sofology!
Pay and Perks
- Great basic salary with generous, uncapped team bonus
- Plenty of opportunities to learn & grow.
- 30% discount across the Group, plus 15% for your friends and family
- Access to discounts at 100’s of high street retailers.
- Mental, physical and financial support (EAP)
- Enhanced maternity & adoption pay
- Spend up to £1,500 at Currys / PC World and spread the cost through Sofology.
- Additional days off, whether it’s your wedding, birthday or even the arrival of your new furry friend
- A contributory health scheme, flu vaccines, access to a Doctor and private health check
- Income protection, bereavement and life assurance - you can count on us to be there when it matters
- Holiday buy back scheme (5 days)
- Okay, so the list just goes on, but here’s a few more…. Sharesave, volunteer days and a cycle to work scheme!
A little about Sofology
We’re a fun place to be and we know our people are priceless. We’re proud of our Sofologists, who roll out the red carpet to each and every one of our customers, forever working together to be bold and ambitious.
We’re all about crafting an unrivalled sofa experience that leaves our customers and Sofologists in awe. We wholeheartedly embody our values, infusing them in every aspect of our work.
Roll Out The Red Carpet - From browsing to buying and beyond, we always ensure a Very Important Customer experience - no ifs, no buts.
A Seat for Everyone - Be yourself and feel at home. We know that different backgrounds and experiences make us stronger.
Bold By Design - We're a courageous brand with ambition and drive. We’ll never settle for second best and always strive for more.
So, if you want to join us on the sofa, save your seat by applying now!