Group Internal Auditor
Your new role
As a Group Internal Audit Senior, you will take responsibility for running and leading end to end internal audits, and supervising the work of Group Internal audit colleagues, whilst working closely with all relevant stakeholders.
The successful candidate will assist with providing independent assurance to the Senior Management and the Board on the effectiveness of controls in place across the Group.
Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders you will be responsible for effectively communicating at all stages of the Internal Audit process, ensuring that clear expectations are set.
What you'll be doing
- Working with the Group Internal Audit team and applicable stakeholders, conduct audits in accordance with the Annual Audit Plan
- Conduct fieldwork, documenting all outputs and supporting evidence
- Pro-actively communicate with all stakeholders during the audit process
- Produce clear and concise reports following the completion of an Internal Audit which include logical, justified recommendations
- Support the production of Committee packs, as required by the Group Internal Audit Manager
- CIA Certified / Chartered status / studying towards, with at least 4 years’ experience in internal audit within a corporate/retail environment
- CIIA member
- Experience of auditing using data analytics
- Have a detailed understanding of internal audit methodology preferably to Chartered Institute Standards
- Have a detailed understanding of risk and controls and be able to articulate this with non-internal audit stakeholders
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work in a challenging and constantly changing environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in reviewing and
A great basic salary
33 Days holiday + Length of service
Your birthday off
Pawternity Leave, Grandparent Leave, Volunteering day Leave
Learning & Development, Next generation programme
30% discount across the group & 15% for friends & family
High street Discounts with 100’s of great brands
Employee Assistance Programme for all colleagues & your household
Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
Discuss flexible working & part time opportunities
A little about sofology
At Sofology, sofas are SO our thing - but so are our people! In fact, people are our greatest asset and that’s why we are completely committed to our ED&I strategy, So For All. We are working passionately with all of our colleagues across the business to learn, understand and be completely enthralled into continuing to make Sofology an equal, diverse and inclusive place to work.
We encourage each and every one of our Sofologists to be who they are in a role they feel at home in and we actively prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
It’s important to us to make sure that we don’t just look for new talent to ‘fit in’ with our culture, but instead, we look for incredible talented colleagues to ‘add’ to our wonderful culture.
We are here to support you every step of the way, if you require assistance with your application due to a disability, you can call or email your Inclusive Recruitment Advisor to assist you on 01942 296484, or [email protected]
We think choosing a new role and choosing a new sofa have a lot in common. Your old one feels comfy, you’re used to it, and you know exactly where you fit. But a new job - or a new sofa - holds so much potential. Pick the right one and you’ll never look back. You want to feel comfortable, but with enough going on to keep you right on the edge of your seat. Our team is always growing, and we’re constantly shuffling up on the sofa to make room for the newest member of the Sofology family.
Founded over 30 years ago, we’re true sofa specialists. So much more than just a piece of furniture, we know that a sofa is the one thing that truly turns our customer’s houses into homes.There’s a lot at stake when it comes to guiding our customers to make the right choice for them - that’s why our customer journey is unique in the sofa market. That means no ‘ends next Sunday sales.