Your new role
We are now looking for an experienced Procurement Buyer to support across all Group
You’ll provide strategic direction and leadership for Procurement projects that deliver the
right solutions and relationships for now and the future.
As Procurement Buyer, you will work with stakeholders to build a forward looking opportunity
log that holds or reduces the business cost base and reduces or mitigates exposure to risk
What you'll be doing
About the Role:
● Identify and optimise synergies across the organisation to leverage efficiency,
effectiveness and net benefits
● Develop strong and effective internal relationships with all levels of the business
● Constantly look outside the organisation, scanning the horizon to gain and share
knowledge and perspective of how we find, partner and manage our suppliers.
● Ensure all savings opportunities are exploited to full effect by negotiating
commercial, legal and operational requirements, ensuring maximum value and
cost down impact on DFS bottom line profit.
● Partnering with Business Contract Owners, Legal and Commercial Finance you will
ensure that contract KPI’s & SLA’s are relevant and capable of effective
● Identify the right Procurement process that aligns to organisational agility whilst
retaining robust governance
● Support c£250m of Procurement expenditure across capex and opex.
● Challenge demand to ensure the right solutions are delivered so the business
resources are effectively deployed
● CIPS qualified preferred but not essential
● 5 years indirect procurement experience in a similar business vertical required.
● Experience of delivering category strategies.
● Ability to challenge and influence team members at all levels.
● Experience and understanding of a wide variety of indirect spend categories.
● Can be a generalist experience and doesn’t need to be a category expert.
● Experience of GNFR categories (IT, Facilities, HR, Marketing, Fleet, Travel,
Consultancy) could be advantageous.
● Competitive salary
● Contributory pension
● Company bonus scheme
● Life Assurance
● Group colleague discount
● Sharesave scheme
● Lifestyle discounts
A little about sofology
DFS is the UK's leading omni-channel upholstery retailer. Since 1969 we have been
manufacturing, selling and distributing high quality sofas to homes in the UK and ROI.
Our aim is to lead sofa retailing in the digital age. We intend to strengthen our market
position, lead from the front and embrace the challenges and opportunities of the digital age.