Retail Sales Assistant
Your new role
Sofology is way more than just a sofa… The sofa sits at the heart of the home, and we know how much that means to our customers. Choosing the perfect sofa is a big decision and that's why as a Sofologist in store you will partner with our customers to help them find their dream sofa.
So whether it’s about style, comfort, or everything in between, with your brilliant sofa knowledge you’ll help our customers find the right sofa for them, because we know that nothing feels like being at home on a sofa you love.
A day in the life of...
A retail sales consultant, you’ll spend your time doing so much more than sitting! Here are just a few of the things you’ll be getting up to:
- Partnering with our customers to help them find their dream sofa
- Showcasing our fantastic products in true Sofology style
- Always be offering that Very Important Customer experience - no ifs, no buts
- Understanding the world of design and style so you can help our customers make the right sofa choice for them
- Completing finance applications to check we’re offering the customer the right payment products
- Using your passion for interior design to ensure store standards are striking
- Utilising your continued knowledge of products to support your other team members and always sharing best practice
- Honing in on your listening skills which allows you to have really relevant conversations with your customer
- Helping your customer to really visualise what their new sofa will look like in their home through creative interactions
- Recognising a customers needs and recommending the right additional products
- Sharing your in depth knowledge with your customer on how they can continue to love their sofa for longer by giving detailed after care advice
In an ideal world...
You don’t need to have extensive sales experience to join us. All we ask for is a true passion for delivering that red carpet experience to our customers; a real team player with a genuine interest in style and design.
We know that none of our customers are the same and that goes for our Sofologists too - there truly is a seat for everyone at Sofology!
Pay and Perks
- Great basic salary with generous, uncapped team bonus. We’re different here at Sofology, we don’t pay on individual commission we offer a very generous team bonus
- Plenty of opportunities to learn & grow.
- 30% discount across the Group, plus 15% for your friends and family
- Access to discounts at 100’s of high street retailers (JD, ASOS & JustEat being a few of our Sofologists favourites!)
- Mental, physical and financial support (EAP)
- Enhanced maternity & adoption pay
- Spend up to £1,500 at Currys / PC World and spread the cost through Sofology.
- Additional days off, whether it’s your wedding, birthday or even the arrival of your new furry friend
- A contributory health scheme, flu vaccines, access to a Doctor and private health check
- Income protection, bereavement and life assurance - you can count on us to be there when it matters
- Holiday buy back scheme (5 days)
- Okay, so the list just goes on, but here’s a few more…. Sharesave, volunteer days and a cycle to work scheme!
A little about Sofology
We’re a fun place to be and we know our people are priceless. We’re proud of our Sofologists, who roll out the red carpet to each and every one of our customers, forever working together to be bold and ambitious.
We’re all about crafting an unrivalled sofa experience that leaves our customers and Sofologists in awe. We wholeheartedly embody our values, infusing them in every aspect of our work.
Roll Out The Red Carpet - From browsing to buying and beyond, we always ensure a Very Important Customer experience - no ifs, no buts.
A Seat for Everyone - Be yourself and feel at home. We know that different backgrounds and experiences make us stronger.
Bold By Design - We're a courageous brand with ambition and drive. We’ll never settle for second best and always strive for more.
So, if you want to join us on the sofa, save your seat by applying now!
DFS Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer; celebrating diversity and committed to a culture of inclusion and belonging. We extend a warm welcome to everyone, embracing a variety of voices and perspectives. As we continue to work on building a workplace that is representative of the customers we serve and the communities we live and work in, we strongly encourage applications from members of minority and under-represented groups. Across the Group, we want to create an environment where everyone feels at home.