Senior Commercial Accountant
Your new role
At Sofology, sofas are SO our thing - but so are our people! In fact, people are our greatest asset and that’s why we are completely committed to our ED&I strategy, So For All. We are working passionately with all of our colleagues across the business to learn, understand and be completely enthralled into continuing to make Sofology an equal, diverse and inclusive place to work.
We encourage each and every one of our Sofologists to be who they are in a role they feel at home in and we actively prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
It’s important to us to make sure that we don’t just look for new talent to ‘fit in’ with our culture, but instead, we look for incredible talented colleagues to ‘add’ to our wonderful culture.
We are here to support you every step of the way, if you require assistance with your application due to a disability, you can call or email your Inclusive Recruitment Advisor to assist you on 01942 296484, or [email protected]
This role is perfect for someone with an analytic mind and a person centred attitude. Combining the responsibilities of overseeing the production of timely and accurate management information, which is used across various departments with being the key contact for those stakeholders outside the Finance department. You will be a key player in the Finance Departments day to day running.
What you'll be doing
• Oversee and support with the timely and accurate financial analysis to multiple department heads, with a particular focus on Retail & Omni Channel trading performance.
• Liaising with senior stakeholders to ensure all reporting needs are met and provide tangible insight into the numbers.
• Help to maintain and continually improve the current management information suite
• Production of weekly & monthly Business Review & Retail Performance decks to be used by the Senior Leadership team.
• High degree of input into the annual budgeting and short term forecasting process, notably providing above the line trading forecasts by Store & Supplier.
• Produce and provide feedback on Store P&Ls
• Help to analyse and assess the feasibility of new Store proposals
• Monitor stock levels by category, location and status and provide accurate reporting to the Senior Leadership team.
• Calculation of monthly bonus payments for the Retail & Omni Channel teams.
• Lead, manage and develop junior member of the team
Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
Experience of working in a Commercial Finance based role is preferred but not essential
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Company Car
Your Birthday off
Learning & Development, Next generation programme
30% discount across the group & 15% for friends & family
High street Discounts with 100’s of great brands
Employee Assistance Programme for all colleagues & your household
Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
Discuss flexible working & part time opportunities
A little about sofology
Founded over 30 years ago, we’re true sofa specialists. So much more than just a piece of furniture, we know that a sofa is the one thing that truly turns our customer’s houses into homes.There’s a lot at stake when it comes to guiding our customers to make the right choice for them - that’s why our customer journey is unique in the sofa market. That means no ‘ends next Sunday sales.
We think choosing a new role and choosing a new sofa have a lot in common. Your old one feels comfy, you’re used to it, and you know exactly where you fit. But a new job - or a new sofa - holds so much potential. Pick the right one and you’ll never look back. You want to feel comfortable, but with enough going on to keep you right on the edge of your seat. Our team is always growing, and we’re constantly shuffling up on the sofa to make room for the newest member of the Sofology family.