Store Repair and Maintenance Assistant
Your new role
A Store Repair and Maintenance Assistant’s role can consist of many things, whilst it can be mainly internal property maintenance (decorating etc), it is also very wide ranging and can cover from gardening to I.T.
The general maintenance of Sofology stores and transport depots, health and safety plays a large part of the role, repairing issues that have been reported, keeping the stores and depots in the best possible condition.
What you'll be doing
• General walk round.
• Check all plinth edges, check all carpet strips.
• Check all emergency Lighting + fire alarm and report wherever necessary.
• Check all doors and fire doors for correct operation with no large gaps and fire strips.
• All fire exits - secure and open and close okay, in good order with handles in good order lubricate if necessary.
• Yard gates - secure and open and close okay with handles in good order lubricate if necessary.
• Pedestrian gates/ doors - secure and open and close okay with handles in good order lubricate if necessary.
• Check Sign and display time clocks.
• Check Heating controls (make sure timers are set).
• Water heaters - visual checks for leaks, functioning properly.
• Check step ladders for defects.
• Complete as much VM work as possible.
• Any extra work to be done that is not on the portal must be documented via the portal (Jira).
• Check and complete all portal issues consult with the Store Manager/Deputy Store Manager to see if there are any other issues that they are aware of, complete daily task form on the portal (Jira).
● A general all round knowledge of handyman activities in plumbing, joinery, decorating, ability and willingness to learn new skills, and knowledge of electrical circuits.
Company Van with all tools required to carry out your role
A great basic salary
33 Days holiday + Length of service
Your birthday off
Pawternity Leave, Grandparent Leave, Volunteering day Leave
Learning & Development, Next generation programme
30% discount across the group & 15% for friends & family
High street Discounts with 100’s of great brands
Employee Assistance Programme for all colleagues & your household
Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
Discuss flexible working & part time opportunities
A little about sofology
We think choosing a new role and choosing a new sofa have a lot in common. Your old one feels comfy, you’re used to it, and you know exactly where you fit. But a new job - or a new sofa - holds so much potential. Pick the right one and you’ll never look back. You want to feel comfortable, but with enough going on to keep you right on the edge of your seat. Our team is always growing, and we’re constantly shuffling up on the sofa to make room for the newest member of the Sofology family.
Founded over 30 years ago, we’re true sofa specialists. So much more than just a piece of furniture, we know that a sofa is the one thing that truly turns our customer’s houses into homes.There’s a lot at stake when it comes to guiding our customers to make the right choice for them - that’s why our customer journey is unique in the sofa market. That means no ‘ends next Sunday sales.