Customer Service Team Leader
Your new role
Reporting to the Customer Service Team Managers you will take ownership of the day to day team leadership of the Customer Service teams, safeguarding the business brand and reputation. You will support and advise your teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience, maintain high levels of customer service and evolve the customer journey. You will deliver effective leadership and motivation, whilst managing daily KPI’s, call performance and customer support.
What you'll be doing
- Support the team managers and to perform management duties when the team manager is absent or out of office.
- To manage the financial control and reduce the cost of failure in line with the team objectives
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks.
- Assists team managers with hiring and new team member training.
- Assist teams with questions, support, quality and compliance throughout the shifts.
- Communicates deadlines and goals to team members.
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations.
- To share reports about team performance, team-related objectives, and deadlines.
- Ensures that housekeeping and physical working spaces are clean and presentable.
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints.
- Route customer issues to a satisfactory resolution.
- Support the service objectives to deliver a customer resolution within the SLA’s.
- Establish and forge excellent business and service contacts (internally and externally) and keep up to date with new products, services and ranges.
- To help build and develop KPI reports and scorecards to capture and identify trends in performance and customer journey improvements.
- To report weekly team results and overview, offering insight and recommendations.
- Review the team’s resolution rates and supporting analysis to build action plans to address.
- Clear communication and delivery of Key Performance Indicators throughout the teams.
- Responsible for parts management, managing supplier risk and supplier debits.
- Review and monitor the standards of the technical proposition and customer journey, making recommendations as required.
- Relentless about achieving performance objectives and exceeding the service delivery plan.
- Deliver and maintain high standards of quality and excellent customer service at all times.
- To ensure that work is carried out in line with company procedures and adhere to Health and Safety requirements.
- Lead by example providing consistent leadership and direction to the team to create a high performing team culture.
Strong commitment to customer care and meeting customer needs.
A proven ability to maintain and achieve high standards of customer service and quality.
A “Lead by example” attitude and approach and the ability to drive core values through a team.
A consistent, positive outlook.
An enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude which inspires and motivates others.
Inspirational leadership skills
The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Attention to detail.
A great basic salary
33 Days holiday + Length of service
Your birthday off
Pawternity Leave, Grandparent Leave, Volunteering day Leave
Learning & Development, Next generation programme
30% discount across the group & 15% for friends & family
High street Discounts with 100’s of great brands
Employee Assistance Programme for all colleagues & your household
Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
Discuss flexible working & part time opportunities
A little about sofology
We think choosing a new role and choosing a new sofa have a lot in common. Your old one feels comfy, you’re used to it, and you know exactly where you fit. But a new job - or a new sofa - holds so much potential. Pick the right one and you’ll never look back. You want to feel comfortable, but with enough going on to keep you right on the edge of your seat. Our team is always growing, and we’re constantly shuffling up on the sofa to make room for the newest member of the Sofology family.
Founded over 30 years ago, we’re true sofa specialists. So much more than just a piece of furniture, we know that a sofa is the one thing that truly turns our customer’s houses into homes.There’s a lot at stake when it comes to guiding our customers to make the right choice for them - that’s why our customer journey is unique in the sofa market. That means no ‘ends next Sunday sales.